Rigging and Positioning of Safety Fall Arrest
Safety nets should be installed as close as possible to the level of work. The working heights must not exceed 6 metres.
In addtion to this, the reduced fall height must not exceed 3 metres.
If the working area is inclined by more than 20 degrees:
- The collecting width will be at least 3 metres
- The distance between the extreme place of work and the lowest point of the edge of the safety net will not exceed 3 metres.
Positioning of the nets.
- The installation system for the System S safety nets can be different depending on the dimensions and the areas where they are to be intsalled
- The safety nets will be installed at the anchor points by tie ropes capable of resisting the characteristic load.
- The distance between the anchor points must be less than 2.5m.
- If various nets are used, extend the nets on the floor. Sew the nets using joining ropeensuring there are no gaps of more than 10mm.
- In buildings with large shafts, hooks will be used to pix the net to the edge of the roof, and the border rope will be passed over them.
- The hooks should be of galvanised steel and positioned every 50cm.
- Pass the border rope throughth efastening hooks and close the hooks to prevent the rope from coming out.
- Use tying cord to fix to the metal structure.
For more information on rigging and postioning contact FASET by clicking here